Tandoori Chicken and Rice Recipe
Indian dishes are extremely rich in flavour. India, being a spice bowl of the world, uses a whole lot of different spices to make its cuisine delectable. One such recipe we are going to share with you is Tandoori Chicken and Rice.
The delicious savoury dish you can make in a quick and even quicker way if you choose to use pre-made Tandoori Chicken Masala instead of blending all the spices at home. Let’s look at the recipe.
Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken and Rice
- Chicken breasts – 5 small pieces or 3 large (they will little shrink when cooked)
- Tandoori Chicken Masala – 4 teaspoon
- Chopped onion – ½ cup
- Minced garlic – 1 large clove
- Butter or olive oil – 1 tablespoon (30 grams)
- Uncooked white rice – 1 ½ cups (270 grams)
- Chicken or veggie broth/stock (heated) – 1 ½ cups (375 millilitres)
- Hot water – 1 ¼ cup (315 millilitres)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Take a baking dish about 10 x 15″ / 25 x 35 cm in dimension.
- Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish, put butter in the center, and bake it for 15 minutes (check at 12 minutes; if some bits are browning too much, mix them).
- While onions are in the oven, mix Tandoori Chicken Masala and chicken. Sprinkle the powder on both sides.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Add rice and mix well.
- Place the chicken pieces on rice and pour broth or stock around the chicken and rice.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake it for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and give the chicken an oil spray. This is optional, although it gives a nice finish to chicken.
- Again bake for 20 minutes until the liquid is fully absorbed and turns golden.
- Remove it from the oven and keep it out for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and fluff up the rice.
- Garnish it with parsley or thyme if you want, and enjoy.
Order fresh bulk spices online from Kitchen Hutt Spices:
Other Blended Spice Powder:
More From Kitchenhutt
Chicken Korma RecipeKorma recipes have a special place in Mughlai cuisine. The recipes were treated as luxurious and often cooked at weddings and special occasions. Chicken korma is one of the easiest.... Read More
Quick Ways To Tell....Red chilli powder is the most common spice around the world. It is the most demanded spice, making it more prone to adulteration. Whether you purchase red chilli powder wholesale.... Read More
How To Pick The....The right drawer channel can add elegant function and easiness to your storage cabinets. However, if you need help picking the correct drawer slide for your furniture, here is a.... Read More